The following instructions outline the setup process for L2TP connection on Ubuntu 16.04:
1. Open the "Terminal"
2. To install L2TP dependencies type following commands one by one:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nm-l2tp/network-manager-l2tp sudo apt-get update sudo apt -y install network-manager-l2tp sudo apt-get install network-manager-l2tp-gnome sudo apt-get update
3. Click on the "Network" icon in top right corner and choose "Edit connections..."
4. Click "Add"
5. Select "Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)" as your connection type
6. Click "Create"
7. Enter the following information:
- Connection name: Enter a name for the connection you are adding, i.e. FrootVPN
- Gateway: Enter the PPTP or L2TP server address of the location/server that you wish to connect to from our server list
- Username: Enter your FrootVPN user name
- Password: Enter your FrootVPN password
Click 'IPsec Settings..."
Tick "Enable IPsec tunnel to L2TP host" and enter Pre-shared key: "frootvpnsecret".
Сlick "OK" and then click "Save"
8. Left-click again on your "Network" icon and choose server you wish to connect in the "VPN Connections"
9. Once your connection is successful you will see the following message:
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to FrootVPN.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing and setting up your
Ubuntu device to connect to the FrootVPN VPN servers - please contact our Support Team anytime.