The following instructions outline the setup process for L2TP connections on Windows 10
1. Click Win+R on your keyboard, type "control panel" in opened window, and hit enter
2. Click "Network and Internet"
3. Click "Network and Sharing Center"
4. Click "Set up a new connection or network"
5. Select "Connect to a workplace" and click "Next"
6. Select "Use my Internet connection (VPN)"
7. Enter the following and click "Create"
Internet address: Enter the PPTP or L2TP server address of the location/server that you wish to connect to from our
Destination name: Enter a name for the connection you are adding, i.e. FrootVPN
☑ Remember my credentials
8. Go back to Control Panel → Network and Internet → Network and Sharing Center and click "Change adapter settings"
9. Right-click on your VPN connection and select "Properties"
10. Open "Security" tab
1) Enter the following information:
Type of VPN: Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec (L2TP/IPsec)
Data encryption: Require encryption (disconnect if server declines)
Allow these protocols
☑ Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP)
☑ Microsoft CHAP Version 2(MS-CHAP v2)
2) Click "Advanced settings"
Enter pre shared key: "frootvpnsecret" and click "OK"
Click "OK" to proceed.
11. Right-click on your VPN connection and select "Connect"
12. In opened window you will see your created connection:
13. Choose the connection, and click "Connect"
14. Enter the following and click "OK"
- Username: Enter your FrootVPN user name
- Password: Enter your FrootVPN password
15. First connection usually takes no more than a one minute.
After connection you should see the VPN connection is successful:
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to FrootVPN.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing & setting up your Windows device to connect to the FrootVPN VPN servers, please contact our Support Team anytime.