The following guide outlines the steps necessary to install & configure FrootVPN using OpenVPN on your Ubuntu 14.04 computer:
I) Download the FrootVPN configuration files:
Download the configuration file(s) from “SERVER INFO” section of Client area at the FrootVPN site: https://frootvpn.com/en/account/server-info
II) Install OpenVPN
There are two ways to install OpenVPN on Ubuntu: via terminal or via Software Center. First way is faster, but the second way is simpler.
1.1 Via Terminal:
Open Terminal from the main menu
Type “sudo apt-get update”. Enter your password and press enter. Wait about 1-5 minutes, depending on speed of your network.
Type “sudo apt-get install network-manager-openvpn-gnome”. Say “Y”.
1.2 Via Software Center:
Open Software Center from the main menu
In the search field type “network-manager-openvpn-gnome”
Install the package
Close Software Center
III) Set up the FrootVPN Configuration
- Left-click on the Network icon in the tray (top right corner of the screen) Choose “VPN Connections” and “Configure VPN”
- Press the “Add” button in the appearing window
- Select “Import a saved VPN configuration” and press “Create...”
- Connection Editor window will appear.
- Check Authentication Type to “Password”
- Enter your Username and Password
- Press “Save”
5. Left-click on the Network Icon again, choose your server in “VPN Connections”
6. Wait from 20 sec to 2 minutes until the connection is established.
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to FrootVPN.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing & setting up your Ubuntu 14.04 computer to connect to the FrootVPN servers; please contact our Support Team anytime.