To setup L2TP on your Chromebook to connect to FrootVPN; please follow the instructions below:
Open your Chromebook's settings by clicking on icons located in the bottom-right corner of your screen, then click on Settings.
- Once in the Settings panel; select Add connection . Add private network.
- Enter the following information to add a connection, then click Connect:
- Server hostname: Enter the server address as it is displayed in the server list located within the Account Area of our website.
- Service name: Enter a name for the connection / server. Ie. "FrootVPN - Canada".
- Provider type: Select L2TP/IPSec + pre-shared key from the drop-down menu.
- Pre-shared key: Enter frootvpnsecret.
- Username: Enter your FrootVPN username.
- Password: Enter your FrootVPN password.
- Select Save identity and password
- Once the connection is successful; the status will display as Connected.
If you have any questions or experience any issues while installing and setting up your Chromebook to connect to the FrootVPN VPN servers using L2TP; please contact our Support Team anytime.