The following instructions outline the setup process for PPTP connections on Ubuntu:
Note: If you are using earlier versions of Ubuntu; you will need to install the Ubuntu PPTP VPN package as outlined below:
- Select System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager and open Synaptic.
- Search for "vpn".
- Click Install
- Click the Network Manager icon in your desktop menu bar Notification Area, or search for Network Connections and click the icon.
- In the Network Connections menu; click the Add button.
- Select "Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)", and click the Create button.
- Enter a name for the connection in the "Connection name" field, then copy and paste the hostname of the server you wish to connect to from the Server List located in the account area of our website into the Gateway field. Enter your FrootVPN username and password in the Username and Password fields, and select "Saved" to store this information so that you do not need to manually enter it each and every time you connect. Click on the Advanced button.
- Select all of the options under "Security and compression" and select OK. Click Save on the Network Connection window.
To connect; simply open the Network Manager and click on the FrootVPN connection to initiate the connection to our servers. Once you have successfully connected; you will see a small padlock icon in the Network Manager panel in your menu bar.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues when setting up a PPTP connection using Ubuntu; please contact us for assistance.