The following guide outlines the steps necessary to install & configure FrootVPN using OpenVPN on your Ubuntu 16.04 computer:
1. Download the FrootVPN configuration file(s) here:
2. Right-click the downloaded file and select "Extract here"
3. Open the Terminal from the main menu and type:
sudo apt-get update
Enter your password and press enter.
Wait about 1-5 minutes, depending on speed of your network
4. Install the OpenVPN software on your system:
sudo apt-get -y install network-manager-openvpn-gnome
5. Click on the "Network" icon in top right corner and choose "Edit Connections..."
6. Click "Add"
7. Select "Import a saved VPN configuration..." as your connection type
8. Click "Create"
9. Select the FrootVPN .ovpn configuration file of server you would like to connect to
from the downloaded and extracted files in Step 1-2 and click "Open"
10. Enter your User name and Password. Click "Save"
11. Left-click again on your "Network" icon and choose server you wish to connect in
the "VPN Connections"
12. Once your connection is successful you will see the following message:
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to FrootVPN.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing and setting up your
Ubuntu device to connect to the FrootVPN VPN servers - please contact our Support Team anytime.