The following instructions outline the setup process for Stunnel + OpenVPN connections on Ubuntu 16.04:
1. Open the Terminal
2. To install the OpenVPN software on your system.
Type "sudo apt-get update".
Enter your password and press "Enter".
Wait about 1-5 minutes, depending on speed of your network
Type "sudo apt-get install network-manager-openvpn-gnome”.
Type “Y” and press "Enter"
3. To install Stunnel type "sudo apt-get install stunnel4"
4. Download Stunnel configuration files here
5. Right-click the downloaded file and select "Extract here"
6. Run Stunnel via Terminal by typing:
"sudo stunnel4 /path_to_file/server.conf",
where path_to_file is path to your stunnel configuration file
and server.conf is the server configuration file you wish to connect to.
No message will be displayed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Names with spaces should be included into single quotes ' '
7. To run OpenVPN type:
"sudo openvpn /path_to_file/localhost.ovpn",
where path_to_file is path to localhost.ovpn file,
located inside files you extracted in step 5
Enter Auth Username: FrootVPN user name
Enter Auth Password: FrootVPN password
8. If you have entered the correct login information, you will see message
"Initialization sequence completed"
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to FrootVPN.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing and setting up your Ubuntu device
to connect to the FrootVPN servers - please contact our Support Team anytime.