The following instructions outline the setup process for IPsec IKEv2 connections on Windows 7
1. Click Win+R on your keyboard, type "control panel" in opened window, and hit enter
2. Click "Network and Internet"
3. Click "Network and Sharing Center"
4. Click "Set up a new connection or network"
5. Select "Connect to a workplace" and click "Next"
6. Select "Use my Internet connection (VPN)"
7. Enter the following and click "Next"
Internet address: Enter the PPTP or L2TP server address of the location/server that you wish to connect to from our server list
Destination name: Enter a name for the connection you are adding, i.e. FrootVPN
TICK: "Don't connect now; just set it up so I can connect later"
8. Enter the following and click "Connect"
- Username: Enter your FrootVPN user name
- Password: Enter your FrootVPN password
9. Click "Сlose"
10. On your left click "Сhange adapter settings"
11. Right-click on your VPN connection and select "Properties"
12. Select the following and click "OK":
Type of VPN: IKEv2
Data encryption: Maximum strength encryption(disconnect if server declines)
TICK: Use Extensible Authentication Protocol(EAP) and select "Microsoft: Secured password(EAP-MSCHAP v2) (encryption enabled)"
13. Right-click on your VPN connection and select "Connect"
14. Click "Connect"
15. If you have entered the correct login information your VPN connection icon will become blue
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to FrootVPN.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing and setting up your Windows device to connect to the FrootVPN VPN servers - please contact our Support Team anytime.